Staff And Professional Development
3 months ago
Clarendon School District Three will offer optional monthly staff development opportunities for employees. These offerings will be held in the district board room from 3:15 - 4:15 on the designated days unless specified otherwise. Participants will receive 1 hr of re-certification CEU credit for each workshop attended. Employees may pre-register for events at the links below.
Please check back soon for new offerings!
Professional Development Opportunities
The links on this page are to professional development opportunities offered through out the state of SC. Check this page frequently as it is updated regularly. All teachers must receive approval from their principals when using district / school funds to attend professional development opportunities.
CEU Renewal Credit Offerings
- Ruth Patrick Science Education Center, USC Aiken (Several STEM offerings for grades K - 12)
- Teachers of Children of Poverty Workshop at FMU
- SC Science Council Annual Conference
- SC Council for Teachers of Mathematics Annual Conference
- SC Council for the Social Studies
- SC Council of Teachers of English
- SC ETV Renewal Courses - Many courses to choose from in various disciplines. Use coupon code MYFALLPBS to receive 10% off course cost.
- Re-certification Courses through Trident Technical College
- eLearning SC PD renewal courses - Enrollment starts on Sept. 8th; Renewal courses cost $75
Graduate Credit Offerings
- American Museum of National History - Use code SCIENCEMATTERS for $50 off the registration fee
- Online offerings through Trident Technical College
- eLearning SC Graduate Courses - Enrollment starts on Sept. 8th; Graduate courses cost $225
3 months ago
Certified teachers with a continuing contract need to re-certify every five years. Only coursework and CEU credits obtained during a 5 year renewal cycle can be applied to the next renewal cycle. If a teacher completes 18 hours over a bachelor's degree, masters degree, masters +30, etc, the coursework may be used for certificate renewal but it the responsibility of the employee to file for a certificate level change with the SC Department of Education. Teachers may check certification status and download forms at http://ed.sc.gov/agency/se/Educator-Services/Licensure/.
Renewal credit is to be turned into the district office every year. This is a change within Clarendon County School District Three effective the 2015-16 school year. Once a teacher has reached 120 CEU credits, he/she will not submit any credit. Prior protocol was to submit all CEU credit at the end of the 5 year re-certification cycle. To assist all faculty to update CEU credit to date, Mrs. Laura Fleming will meet with teachers on the following dates between 2:00 and 3:50 to update hours into the state system.
Teachers with a certificate expiring in 2017
- Walker Gamble Elementary (location TBD) - Oct. 20
- East Clarendon Middle High (Media Center classroom) - Oct. 27
Teachers with a certificate expiring in 2018
- Walker Gamble Elementary (location TBD) - Nov. 17
- East Clarendon Middle High (Media Center classroom) - Nov. 18
Teachers with a certificate expiring in 2019
- Walker Gamble Elementary (location TBD) - Dec. 15
- East Clarendon Middle High (Media Center classroom) - Dec. 8
Teachers are responsible for maintaining a notebook/folder with their CEU certificates. Teachers are also responsible for completing prior approval forms for CEU credit opportunities. At the end of the 2015-16 school year, teachers will submit copies of certificates earned over the course of the year to the school certification point of contact.
The point of contact will then submit CEU credits to the district office. Teachers are NOT to submit credit to the point of contact if he/she has already accrued 120 CEU credits.
For certification questions, please contact Dr. Connie Dennis or Mrs. Laura Fleming at the Clarendon School District Three District Office.